Monday, June 9, 2014

The Beginning...

Woohoo! My very first post!!! I guess I will start by telling you a little bit about myself. My name is Kaylee and I am a (new) second grade teacher in Ohio! I am a newlywed, I LOVE my two dogs~ Sophie and Mack, and I enjoy spending lots of time with my family. I just graduated in December and I recently obtained a position as a second grade teacher in the school I student taught at. Throughout my student teaching, my cooperating teacher (Melissa) introduced me to the world of blogging, TpT, and so much more! I followed her blog and many others, gathering a ton of ideas and resources for the classroom! She finally convinced me to start my own blog, so here I am! As I begin my own journey, I will be blogging to get tips, tricks, advice and to also hopefully help some other new teachers out there as well! I will be getting into my classroom soon to begin setting up and decorating- and luckily I have some practice since I helped Melissa move into and set up her new room last summer :) I will be posting soon as I start building my classroom and preparing for my FIRST year! Feel free to comment with any advice or tips you may have for me!

Before I go, I would just like to give a little shout out to Melissa (since she IS the reason I am blogging and has done SO much for me in the past year!) at Common Core & So Much More … go check out her blog and store, she is truly amazing!!


3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogging world and to your first year teaching!!!! It truly is the best job on earth. Have a great summer, and I can't wait to read all about your first year adventures and fresh ideas! :)

    Kelly
    First Grade Fairytales

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your first blog post! You are going to love documenting your journey as a new teacher. I can't wait to see what you do with your students!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the blogland and to teaching! I can't wait to read about your experiences.

    Jana
    Thinking Out Loud

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com